Hello! I've arrived safely! I'm alive! If I haven't yet messaged you it's not because I don't love you, it's because I've got a boat load of people to reply to.
Timeline of relevant events:
Landed in KL about 3pm Sunday local time.
Arrived on Campus at about 4.30pm - after a rather hair-raising bus drive in which our driver absolutely had to write what seemed to be a shopping list, whilst driving.
Checked into my room at Kapas Hall ~ 5.00pm. It's pretty close to the sports centre(which I've yet to have a look at,) and the canteen/foody place.
Two pictures of my room in Kapas Hall. It felt a lot worse in there than it looks - or perhaps I'm just a soft white boy.....
Ended up going to sleep at like 9.30pm, and slept until about midnight. Midnight, woke up, feeling pretty bad about the whole situation. A combination of not feeling comfortable in the room, lack of sleep and jet lag lead to me wandering about the halls in a dressing gown, trying to think when the next plane home would be, and what I was going to do back in England.... Yup. Great.
Managed to calm down enough to go back to sleep at about 2am, and thankfully slept just fine until 7~
Met up with the other Pharmacists that morning at breakfeast, and I wasn't alone in not liking the halls at all. There's 8 of us in the Kapas Hall, and the other two are in the new halls the other side of campus. We had a few things to do in the morning like sort out our medical examination and other junk, so for the moment, it was kinda out of mind. Then soon after lunch (chicken curry+egg = £1.20 :O I can get used to this...) we discover that Amy and Reema have already moved out of Kapas, and are at the new halls waiting to be allocated a room. Now, to those of us at lunch, this sounded like a pretty good plan... It's a bit more expensive, around a tenner extra a week, but the rooms (we went to look at one,) are much nicer, and there's a mini fridge in them too. Yup, I'll take that please. Today too would be wonderful :P
Actually getting transfered over was super duper easy - we all re-packed our stuff in a mad dash, and there was even a bus to take us over, saving us walking with all our stuff. Next plan of event was get internet sorted, register, then we went to Tescos to buy supplies and things, followed by dinner in the foodcourt we found there - 70p for a Laksa... Getting a taxi back proved to be slightly harder than anticipated, but managed it in the end, getting back onto campus at about 9.
Since then, I've yet to start unpacking, had to send messages to you all/reply, figured that's more important ;) I'm happy with my situation now, and am no longer wanting to board the next flight home :P
Love you all,
Jacob
Hi Jacob, glad you are settling in your new halls, show us some pics!! Your old ones look like Prisoner Cell Block H!!! Love Gary, Steph and Aaaron
ReplyDeleteHi Guys! Hope you're all well and good. There's some on facebook in my "Malaysia 2013" album, but I'll endeavor to get some more up soon!
ReplyDelete