Hello,
First blog post? Does that make me a "blogger," now? Or is there some kind of auspicious initiation I need to go through first. Hm. Either-way, this is going to be the main place where I attempt to chronicle whatever it is I end up getting up to during my year away in Malaysia.
I'm spending my second year of studying on the MPharm course at the University of Nottingham Malaysia campus, located about 45kms~ outside of KL. Picture is of the campus.
If you're reading this, then odds are you already knew that. Other than passing my second year with a good grade, I hope to spend time travelling around South East Asia, and experiencing new things, things that otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to do any time soon. So, if this blog at any time makes you feel jealous of me (attempting,) to get a tan on some exotic beach surrounded by empty GnT glasses, I'll try even it out. Perhaps by posting pics of me trying to memorize some section of the BNF on a beach, as the sun sets, casting long shadows from the tall palm trees - er, that's probably not going to help either :P
My flight leaves Heathrow at 13.50, 15th of September. So, just over a month away from today. And frankly, it both can't come fast enough, nor slow enough. Suuuuuper excited for this to start (it's been my goal for probably about four years now..) yet I'm not looking forward to not going back to Nottingham in September, or seeing everyone down here in Reading during the Christmas/Easter breaks. Yeah, it's only 8~ months, but that sounds like a long time at the moment! Given that departure is rather close, I'm really not all that prepared. Have had to fill out bucket loads of paper work, pay endless fees/charges, yet none of that actually feels like it's gotten me any closer - other than now having secured a room on campus to stay at. Visa stuff/official entry paperwork is meant to come soon, I think.... Yet to start packing, I don;'t really own a suitcase of my own either (that's large enough,) so that might have to come first. I've had 6 out of my 8 vaccination injections, so that's at least something that I've almost finished for my preparation! Can't speak a lick of Malaysian either, maybe I should try learn something before I go...
I doubt I'll be posting a whole lot on here before I go, but who knows. I'll try my hardest to keep it updated with how I'm finding life in Malaysia, and of my trips to various countries - I sat down with mum a few weeks ago and we poured over maps deciding where I should try visit, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be able to fit time in studying, could be tough! For now, thanks for reading, and I've got to try see as much of you all as I can before going!
Jacob

No comments:
Post a Comment